Justice Sheikh Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani is a foremost scholar of Hadith, Islamic statute and Islamic money. Mufti has viewed as the scholarly top of the Deobandi School of Islamic law, just as an authority outside of the Deobandi School. He served as Judge of the Shari’at Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan from 1982 to May 2002. Mufti has practical experience in Hadith, Islamic statute and monetary issue. There are many Islamic Scholars and preachers who spread Islam all over the world. Like Maulana Tariq Jameel, Junaid Jamshed, Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi, Abdul Sattar Edhi who worked for the depressed people and needy, and many others.
|Basic information||Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani|
|Date of Birth||5th October 1943|
|Place of Birth||Deoband, United Provinces, British India|
|Age||77 years old.|
|University||Darul Uloom Karachi,Karachi University,Punjab University|
|Status||Scholar of Islamic jurisprudence|
|Famous for||Evolution of Islamic economics, Islamic banking|
|Different Posts / Organizations||Deoband, Mazahir Uloom, Nadwatul Ulama,Aminia,Shahi,Dabhel, Hathazari Madrassah, Ashrafia, Befaqul Madarisil Arabia Bangladesh, Karachi Jamia Uloom-ul-Islamia,Bury, In’aamiyyah|
|Awards||Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) in 2019|
Early Life and Education:
Muhammad Taqi Usmani was born on 5th October 1943 (5 Shawwal 1362 AH) in Deoband, a city in the Saharanpur region of Uttar Pradesh, India. In 1958, Usmani passed the Fazil-e-Arabi (Arabic language assessment) with unique excellence, directed by the Punjab Board. In 1959 he moved on from the Alim course at Darul Uloom Karachi. Muhammad Taqi Usmani at that point worked in fiqh (Islamic law) under the direction of his dad, the Mufti of Darul Uloom Karachi, Muhammad Shafi, getting his Takhassus degree (equal to a PhD) in fiqh and Ifta (issuance of Islamic lawful assessments) from Darul Uloom Karachi in 1961, acquiring the title of Mufti.
Mufti moved on from the University of Karachi with a Bachelor of Arts in 1964, at that point got a Bachelor of Laws with unique excellence from the University of Karachi in 1967. He got a Master of Arts in Arabic writing, with unique excellence, from the University of Punjab in 1970 .
As shown by The Muslim 500 site, he is the main researcher of Islamic Finance, “Usmani’s central impact originates from his situation as a worldwide expert on Islamic fund .”
In March 2004, United Arab Emirates Vice President and Prime Minister Mohammed canister Rashid Al Maktoum introduced an honor to Taqi Usmani in acknowledgment of his lifetime administration and accomplishment in Islamic money during the yearly International Islamic Finance Forum (IIFF) in Dubai .
He is at present taking a shot at different posts.
i. Current Positions.
ii. Positions before
1. Executive, Sharia Board of State Bank of Pakistan.
2. VP (Vice President) and Shaykh Al-Hadith, Jamia Darul-Uloom Karachi
3. Executive, International Shariah Standard Council, Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions, Bahrain.
4. Lasting Member, Vice chairperson, International Islamic Fiqh Academy, Jeddah, the organ of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC)
5. Part, Islamic Fiqh Academy of Rabita-al-‘Alam-e-Islami, Makkah
6. Lasting Member International Islamic Fiqh Academy, Jeddah, supported by OIC.
7. Executive Center for Islamic Economics Pakistan since 1991
8. Executive Shariah Board Central Bank of Bahrain.
9. Executive Shariah Board Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, U.A.E.
10. Executive Shariah Board Meezan Bank Limited, Karachi, Pakistan.
11. Executive Shariah Board International Islamic Rating Agency, Bahrain
12. Executive Shariah Board PAK-Kuwait Takaful, Karachi
13. Executive Shariah Board PAK-Qatar Takaful, Karachi
14. Administrator Shariah Board JS Investments Islamic Fund, Karachi
15. Administrator Shariah Board of JS Islamic Pension Savings Fund
16. Administrator Shariah Board Arif Habib Investments – Pakistan International Islamic Fund, Karachi
17. Part Shariah Board Arcapita Investment Fund, Bahrain
18. Part Unified Shariah Board Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah
19. Part Shariah Board Guidance Financial Group, USA
20. Positions previously
21. Judge, Shariat Appellate Bench, Supreme Court of Pakistan (1982 to May 2002)
22. Director, Center for Islamic Economics, Pakistan since 1991
23. Judge, Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan from (1980 to 1982)
24. Part, Syndicate University of Karachi (1985 to 1988)
25. Part, Board of Governors, International Islamic University Islamabad, 1985 to 1989.
26. Part, International Institute of Islamic Economics (1985 to 1988)
27. Part, Council of Islamic Ideology (1977 to 1981)
28. Part, Board of Trustees International Islamic University, Islamabad (2004 to 2007)
29. Part, Commission for Islamisation of Economy of Pakistan
List of the books :
He composed many books in Arabic, Urdu, and English too. Someone well known these books in Pakistan and in India, Bangladesh, and many nations in the World.
1. Ahkam-ul-Auraq A Naqdiyah (Rulings concerning paper cash).
2. Ahkam-uz-Zaba’ih (The Legal Rulings on Slaughtered Animals)
3. Bahouth Fee Qadaya Fiqheyah Ma’asirah (Fiqh conversations on some significant contemporary issues).
4. Mama Hea A Nasraniyah? (What is Christianity?)
5. Nathrat ‘Abarah Houl At-Ta’limi Al-Islamiyah (About Islamic Education).
6. Takmila Fathul Mulheim (A broad work of translation of Saheeh Muslim in 6 volumes, complimentary to Fathul Mulhim by ‘Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Usmani)
7. Fiqh-ul-Buyoo’ (2 Volumes)
8. Usool al Ifta wa A’dabuhu
9. Mu’aqqaf Ummat-ul-Islamiyah Minal Qadiyaniyah (The View of the Ummah on Qadiyanism/Qadiyanism on Trial)
1. Tauzeeh Al-Qur’ an/Aasan Tarjuma-e-Qur’ an (The Urdu Translation of the Holy Qur’an with critique) (3 Volumes)
2. ‘Uloom-ul-Qur’ an (An Approach to the Qur’anic Sciences)
3. Ina’mul Bari (Explanation of celebrated Hadeeth assortment Saheeh Bukhari) (8 volumes distributed up ‘til now)
4. Khatm-e-Bukhari Shareef
5. Dars-e-Tirmidhi (3 Volumes) (Explanation of acclaimed hadith assortment Sunan-e-Tirmidhi)
6. Taqreer-e-Tirmidhi (2 Volumes)
7. Hudhur (Salla-Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ney Farmaya (Sayings of Prophet Sall-Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam)
8. Aik Hazar Hadeeth (with Ashraf Ali Thanwi, Jameel Ahmad Thanwi, and Wahid Uddeen Panipati (RA))
9. Hujjiyat-e-Hadeeth (The Authority of Sunnah)
10. Deen Kya Hai?
11. Asr-e-Haazir Mein Islam Kaise Naafiz Ho
12. Namazein Sunnat Ke Mutabiq Parhey (Offer Salah as per the Sunnah)
13. Aap Zakat Kis Tarah Ada Karein?
14. Ahkam-e-I’tikaf (The Rules of I’tikaf)
15. Pur Noor Duain (Radiant Prayers) (Collection of Prayers for all events)
16. Aasan Nakiyan (Easy Good Deeds)
17. Taqleed Ki Shari’a Hasiyat (The Legal Status of Following a Madhab)
18. Deeni Madaris ka Nisab wa Nitham
19. Zabet-e-weladat (Birth Control: Islamic decisions)
20. Maghribi Mumalik Kay Jadeed Fiqhi Masa’il Aur Un Ka Hal
21. Mahe Rawjabb Chand Galat Fehmiyon Ka Azala
22. Tarashay (Excerpts from Islamic works)
23. Akabir ‘Ulama-e-Deoband Kya Thay? (The Scholars of Deoband Islamic Seminary)
24. Irshadat-e-Akabir – Ifadaat (gathered)
25. Nuqoosh-e-Raftigan (Obituaries of Islamic Scholars and different dignitaries)
26. eray Walid Meray Sheik (My Father, My Shaikh)
27. Ma’asir Hazrat Arifi (Sayings and recollections of Dr. Adbul Hai Arifi)
28. Hakeem ul Ummat Kay Siasi Afkar (The Political Thoughts of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi)
29. Islam Aur Seasate Hazra (Islam and Contemporary Politics)
30. Islam Aur Siyasi Nazriyat
31. Andulus Mei Chand Roz (Travelog) (A Few Days in Andalusia)
32. Dunya Meray Aagay (Travelog)
33. Jahaney Deda (Travelog)
34. Safar Dar Safar (Travelog)
35. Hadhrat Ameer Mu’awiyah (Radi-Allahu ‘anhu) aur Tareekhi Haqa’iq (Hadhrat Mu’awiyah (Radi-Allahu ‘anhu) and the Historical Facts)
36. Qadiyani Fitnah aur Millat-e-Islamiyah Ka Mu’aqqaf (with Samiul-Haqq)
37. Book of scriptures Kya Hai? (What is the Bible?)
38. ‘Eesayat Kya Hai?
39. Islam Mein Khula Ki Haqeeqat
40. Islam Mein Pooray Dakhil Ho Jao
41. Islami Bankari Ki Buyadayn
42. Islami Bankari
43. Jalsay O Jaloos
44. Jhoot Aur Uski Murawwaja Sooratayn
45. Allah Keliye Jeena Marna
46. Andhera Ho Raha Hai Bijli Ki Roshni Mein
47. Aulad Ki Islah-o-Tarbiyat Waldain Ki Zimmadari Hai
48. Azadi-e-Niswan ka Faraib
49. idat–Aik Ghumrahi
50. Bismillah Ki Ahmiyat
51. Daulat-e-Qur’an Ki Qadr-o-Azmat
52. Dunya K Uss Paar (Beyond this World)
53. Dunya Say Dil Na Lagao
54. Durood Shareef Aik Ehm ‘Ibadat Hai
55. Falsafa-e-Hajj O Qurbani
56. Ghair Soodi Bankari
57. Gunahgar Say Nafrat Mat Kijiyay
58. Haqooq-ul-‘Ibadd Aur Mu’amalat
59. Harawm Ashiya Se Ilaj Ka Hukm
60. Hasad–Aik Muhlik Bemari
61. Hudood–Aik Ilmi Jaiza (The Case of the Hudood Ordinances)
62. ‘Ilm Par A’ mal Karein
63. Islam Aur Jidat Pasandi (Islam and Modernism)
64. slah-e-Ma’ashara (Perfecting society)
65. Islahi Mawa’iz (Discourses for profound flawlessness) (3 volumes)
66. Islahi Majalis (Discourses on Tasawwuf) (7 volumes distributed so far)
67. Islahi Khutubat (The Discourses on the Islamic Way of Life) (16 volumes distributed so far)
68. Islam Aur Humaray Zindagi (10 Volumes)
69.Islam Aur Jadeed Mu’ashi Masa’il (8 Volumes)
70. Fiqhi Maqalat (6 volumes) (Collection of articles on Islamic Jurisprudence)
71. Maqalat-e-Uthmani (2 Volumes)
72. Fatawa-e-Uthmani (3 Volumes)
- Zikr o Fikr (Collection of articles composed for Daily paper Jang)
74. ‘Idalatey Faislay (Court Rulings)
75. Nashri Taqreerain (Speeches broadcasted on Radio Pakistan)
76. Dastoor-ul ‘Amal baeraey Talibeen e Islah (Instructions for competitors of profound improvement)
77. Fard Ke Islah (Individual Reform)
78. Milkiyat-e-Zamion Aur uske Tahdeed (Land possession and its restriction)
79. Nifaz-e-Shariat Aur uske Masa’il (The Establishment of Sharee’ah and its Rulings)
80. Hamaray ‘A’eli Masa’il (Our Family Issues)
81. Hamara Ta’lemi Nizam (Our Educational System)
82. Hamara Ma’ashi Nizam (Our Economic System)
83. Islam Aur Jadeed Ma’eeshat wa Tijarat (Islam and Modern Economics and Commerce)
84. Mu’amalaat Saaf Rakhayn (Live like Brothers, Deal like Strangers)
85. Mu’asharti Huqooqq O Fara’iz
86. Nafs Ki Kashmakash
87. Namoos-e-Risalat Ki Hifazat Kijiyay
88. Parosion K Huqooq
89. PLS Account Ki Haqeeqat
90. Prize Bond Ki Sharee Haseeat
91. Qatal Aur Khana Jangi
92. Rahat Kis Tarah Hasil Ho
93. Ramadan Kis Tarah Guzaarein
94. izqq Ka Sahih Istemaal.
95. oza Hum Say Kia Mutalba Kerta Hai
96. ahafat (Article)
97. erat-un-Nabee (S) Aur Hamari Zindagi
98. Sood Per Tareekhi Faisla (The Historic Judgment on Usury-Interest)
99. Soodi Nizam Ki Kharabiyan Aur Uss Ka Mutabadil
100. Taqdeer Per Raazi Rehna Chahiye.
101. Tawakkul K Ahmiyat
102. Tawakkul Ki Haqeeqat
103. Waldain Ki Khidmat–Jannat Ka Zariya
Attack on Mufti Taqi:
Mufti Muhammad has gotten away from an assault in Karachi by an irregular shooter who started shooting at him when he alongside his significant other was in a vehicle which brings about the slaughtering of 2 of his security powers while 2 individuals have harmed him and are in a basic condition. The Chief Minister of Sindh Murad Ali Shah has requested for the moment capture of the killers .
- pakpediax. 15th October 2020; Available from: https://www.pakpedia.pk/mufti-muhammad-taqi-usmani/